Each year, The Road Home—Salt Lake City’s family homeless shelter—needs back-to-school clothing, shoes and supplies for the growing number of children living at the shelter.
Developed the community relations campaign, “Apple Tree”, to spread awareness of the need for back-to-school items and receive donations from the Wasatch Front community.
- Created a dedicated Intrepid team to manage campaign and budget
- Developed media relationships across print, television, radio and digital
- Partnered with retail stores across the greater Salt Lake area to increase donations
- Produced collateral for retail partners to distribute to increase campaign participation
- Developed strategy regarding how to receive donations from the public:
- Set up Apple Tree displays at partner stores to grow awareness
- Encouraged public to select a printed apple from tree + purchase needed items
- Created donation drop-off locations at partner stores
- Collected + sorted items into individualized packages for each child living at The Road Home
- Facilitated special “back-to-school” delivery event to distribute new clothing and supplies to children
- Donated more than 32,000 back-to-school items since inception
- Provided more than 1,250 children with back-to-school clothing, shoes and supplies
- Garnered more than 125 media stories
- Facilitated Apple Tree campaign for 11 years and counting