Data Breach Crisis - Case Study
A hard drive with hundreds of records containing personal and medical information of policy holders was stolen from a health insurance provider.
Intrepid worked with the company to assess the situation and develop response in accordance with federal regulations.
- Developed internal and external response plans and messaging
- Collaborated with legal counsel to draft communication materials
- Prepared customer service representatives for response with policy holders
- Trained key executives for media interviews
- Assisted in executing internal and external communications
The quick and thorough approach helped the insurance provider to respond to all key audiences in the most appropriate manner. This helped to maintain credibility while minimizing the impact of the situation. While the issue caused some disruption, it was not sustained and the company was able to maintain high favorability rankings in its annual policy holder survey.