Utah Jazz Legacy Trust
The Larry and Gail Miller family wanted the Utah Jazz to always be a part of Utah. They placed the franchise into a Legacy Trust that ensures the Jazz will remain in Utah in perpetuity. Letting Utah and the nation know about this unprecedented move, while navigating the complex legalities was the challenge.
We developed a campaign to announce the Legacy Trust with Gail Miller as the centerpiece showcasing this as something never accomplished in professional sports.
- Worked very closely with legal counsel to develop messaging to explain the trust
- Produced a video explaining the trust and the family’s history with the franchise
- Created and orchestrated a dynamic press announcement followed by an in-game production
- Executed national and local media relations as well as social media
- More than 500 stories were published or broadcast, with more than 4 million impressions
- Garnered national coverage in USA Today, NBC Sports, ABC Sports, CBS Sports, Forbes TV, Yahoo News, NBA.com, Washington Post, Miami Herald, Sacramento Bee and San Francisco Chronicle
- More than 255,000 views of the announcement video on Facebook and YouTube